Tanya's"40before40" was born on her 36th Birthday 02.02.11 and will run untill her 40th birthday 02.02.15 It is intended that her final tick will be the Charity ball to be held 2 days before the deadline and will hopefully also be a celebration of acheivement of the other 39 tasks on the list!
Tanya Hook "40before40" Mission statement:
"To acheive a varied list of 40 tasks and activities during the coming 4 years before I reach 40:
Top of the list is to raise £10,000 for Cash for Kids & some of the remaining 39 will link directly into this.
With help, support & encouragement I believe the list is acheivable and the memories made will be priceless"
I am excited about this list as there are things on there that will take me to the edge of my nerves and also things personal to me such as reliving some childhood experiances like horse riding and roller skating, I am also hopeful that it will help me to communicate with my local community - I was born and bred in Surrey, I live on the Wirral and I work in Liverpool for the city council. I was born to be a scouser, Liverpool is MY city and If I can help some of the children and young people in my city through raising funds, I will be a proud lady.
I have an extremely supportive husband and 2 amazing children who are not only backing me all the way but taking part in as much as they can aswell - I want to give them something they can tell their children and grandchildren about!
If this goes well and I acheive all of my targets I am already considering the possibility of "40after40". . . .
Here is The Big list!
• Tandem sky dive
• Bunjee Jump
• Race for life
• Santa dash
• Watch a sunset & a sun rise
• Visit John O Groats
• Visit Lands end
• Have name printed in a newspaper/magazine (COMPLETED)
• Have photo taken with an EFC player/players
• Dye hair PINK
• Drive a race car
• Climb a mountain/large hill
• Go on the London eye
• Raise £10,000 for charity (ONGOING)
• Walk the Chester walls
• Visit both Liverpool cathedrals
• Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower
• Walk the Paris Catacombs
• Record a song (IN PROGRESS)
• Ride a horse
• Beg in Liverpool city centre dressed as a tramp
• Apply to be in the audience of Jeremy Kyle
• Apply to a game show
• Go to Royal Ascot
• Play a round of golf
• Organize a charity ball
• Go ice skating
• Go to a roller disco (IN PROGRESS)
• Bake & decorate a Christmas cake (from scratch)
• Do a zip slide
• Help at a homeless shelter
• Organize/hold and Ann Summers party (COMPLETED 21.10.11)
• Organize/hold a psychic evening
• Have a fish pedicure (COMPLETED)
• Complete 40 hours unpaid work
• Hold a cheese & wine evening & include poetry & photography
• Ride in a helicopter
• Be painted naked
• Be an extra in a film or TV show